Relapse Warning Signs
|Relapse Warning Signs
Relapse Warning Signs
1. Am I becoming less confident in my ability to stay Clean and
Sober or handle lifes problems?
2. Am I becoming over confident in my ability to stay Clean and
3. Am I taking fewer steps to stay Clean & Sober (e.g., A.A. or
N.A. Meetings, calling my sponsor, reading the Big Book or Basic
4. Am I taking greater risks with my Sobriety (e.g., going to
bars, hanging around "old people", "old places", doing "old
5. Am I becoming defensive about my drinking or using problem or
my recovery program?
6. Do I refuse to talk about them or try to keep the "heat" off
by focusing on other areas of my life or on other peoples
drinking or using problems?
7. Am I becoming overly rigid in my everyday routines (as in
becoming a "workaholic", rigidly adhering to daily routines and
8. Am I engaging in quick thoughtless behavior or over reacting
9. Am I becoming more and more lonely?
10. Am I withdrawing from or avoiding contact with loved ones,
friends and associates?
11. Am I becoming more and more depressed?
12. Do I have an "I can't do it", or "Idon't care", or "poor me"
13. Am I becoming more disorganized and confused?
14. Is it becoming more and more difficult to make and carry out
15. Am I engaging more and more in wishful thinking?
16. Are concentration and good planning being replaced by
fantasy (If only...)?
17. Am I becoming more and more irritable and easily angered?
18. Are conflicts with family and friends becoming more and more
19. Am I becoming more and more unstructured and erratic in my
20. Have I been developing irregular eating and sleeping
21. Do periods of frantic activity alternate with periods of
22. Am I missing more and more A.A. or N.A. meetings or
counseling sessions or dropping these activities entirely
because of over confidance or hopelessness?
23. Am I beginning to think about alcohol or drugs in positive
terms as a "friend", a relief or escape from problems, or a
source of fun and excitememnt?
24. Are urges to drink or use becoming more frequent or more
difficult to resist?
25. Am I beginning to have thoughts that I might be able to
drink or use again occasionally without problems?
26. Have I started attempting to drink or use occasionally
without getting drunk or stoned or developing problems?
Meth Relapse Topics
Back to Crystal Meth & Methamphetamine Questions, Answers & Advice
THIS SITE DOES NOT PROVIDE
MEDICAL ADVICE. The information provided is for educational purposes only and is not a
substitute for professional medical advice.
Always seek the advice of your health care professional if you have a specific
| ABOUT US | PRIVACY
POLICY | CONTACT US | SEARCH
Copyright 1999-2017 by KCI The Anti-Meth Site
All Rights Reserved
Legal Disclaimers and Copyright Notices